Eric C. Bryant
CNLS Postdoctoral Research Associate
Office: TA-3, Bldg 1400, Room 2219
Mail Stop: B216
Phone: (505) 000-0000
Fax: (505) 000-0000
- 2020 - Present : CNLS Postdoctoral Research Associate, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering (2020) Presidential/Guggenheim Fellow and G/DRA for W. Sun, Columbia University
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering (2016) GRA for M. Sharma, University of Texas at Austin
- Micromorphic continua formulations for solids deforming in the brittle/ductile regimes, derived by homogenizing un/bonded inter-granular contact interactions.
- Thermoplastic frictional contact along fracture surfaces represented with implicit functions; mixed-mode and hydraulically-induced fracture.
- Strain- and projected-strain-space mappings to numerically capture materials' fabric and mesostructural anisotropies, respectively.
Selected Recent Publications:
- E.C. Bryant and W. Sun, Phase field modeling of frictional slip with slip weakening/strengthening under non-isothermal conditions, CMAME. 375,113557 (2021).
- E.C. Bryant and W. Sun, A micromorphically regularized Cam-clay model for capturing size-dependent anisotropy of geomaterials, CMAME. 354,56-95 (2019).
- E.C. Bryant and W. Sun, A mixed-mode phase field fracture model in anisotropic rocks with consistent kinematics, CMAME. 342,561-584 (2018).