Van A. Ngo (pronouced as Van Gogh)
Director's Postdoctoral Fellow
Non-equilibrium Statistics Mechanics; Ion Channels; RAS-related Cancers; Force-Field Development; Molecular Dynamics Simulations
Office: TA-3, Bldg 1690, Room 130
Mail Stop: B258
Phone: (505) 309-6346
Fax: (505) 665-2659
- Ph.D. (2014) Physics, USC, USA.
- M.Sc. (2012) High Performance Parallel Computing & Simulations, USC, USA.
- B.Sc. (2005) Honors Program in Physics, Hanoi National University of Education, Vietnam
- 2014-2018: AIHS (2015-2017) and CIHR (2016-2018) Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Complex Biological Systems (ion channels such as gA, KcsA, NavAb, CavAb, RyR.)
- Non-equilibrium Statstical Mechanics (e.g., nonequilibrium sampling)
- Next generations of Polarizable Force Fields.
- High-performance Computing
- Ras-related Cancers; Cellular Signaling
Selected Recent Publications:
- (2019) Yi Shi, Sarah Holzmann, Sergei Noskov, Van A. Ngo, Robert Farley, and Darko Stephanovich. How Nonequilibrium Two-dimensional Pulling Simulations Reveal both Equilibrium Properties and Correlated Processes, J. Chem. Theor. Comp., 2019 (submitted revision) N/A(2019)
- (2018) Van A. Ngo, John Keenan Fanning and Sergei Yu. Noskov. Benchmarking Hydration Properties of Proteins with Classical and Drude Polarizable Force Fields., Advanced Theory and Simulations (Wiley), doi.org/10.1002/adts.201800106
- (2018) Williams Ernesto Miranda, Van Ngo, Ruiwu Wang, Lin Zhang, SR Wayne Chen, Sergei Yu Noskov. Molecular Mechanism of Conductance Enhancement in Narrow Cation Selective Membrane Channels.J. Phys. Chem. Lett 10.1021/acs.jpclett.8b01005