CNLS Postdoctoral Research Associate
Office: TA-3, Bldg 1690, Room 125
Mail Stop: B258
Phone: (505) 667-9272
Fax: (505) 665-7652
- B.S. (2002) Mathematics, Reed College
- Ph.D. (2008) Applied Mathematics, thesis title "Nonlocal formulations of ideal fluids and applications", University of Colorado at Boulder
- Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Nonlinear Approximation Methods in Numerical Analysis
- Numerical Solutions of Partial Differential Equations
- Quantum Chemistry
- Water Waves and Nonlinear Waves
Selected Recent Publications:
- T. S. Haut and T. Babb and P. G. Martinsson and B. A. Wingate A high-order scheme for solving wave propagation problems via the direct construction of an approximate time-evolution operator , submitted.
- T. S. Haut and B. A. Wingate An asymptotic parallel-in-time method for highly oscillatory PDEs , in press, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing.
- G. Beylkin and T. S. Haut Nonlinear approximations for electronic structure calculations , in press, Proc. R. Soc. A , (2013).
- T. S. Haut, G. Beylkin, and L. Monzon Near optimal rational approximations of large data sets , Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis, vol. 35, no. 2, (2013) .
- T. S. Haut and G. Beylkin Fast and accurate con-eigenvalue algorithm for optimal rational approximations, SIAM Journal of Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 33, no. 4, (2012) .
- T. S. Haut, G. Beylkin, and L. Monzon Solving Burgers' equation using optimal rational approximations, Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis, vol. 34, no. 1, (2013) .
- M. J. Ablowitz and T. S. Haut Nonlinear wave dynamics: from lasers to fluids , Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems Series S, vol. 4, no. 5, (2011) .
- M. J. Ablowitz and T. S. Haut Asymptotic expansions for solitary gravity-capillary waves in two and three dimensions , J. Phys. A: Math. Theor., vol. 43, (2010) .
- M. J. Ablowitz and T. S. Haut Asymptotic expansions for solitary gravity-capillary waves in two and three dimensions , Proc. R. Soc. A, vol. 465, no. 2109, (2009) .
- T. S. Haut and M. J. Ablowitz A reformulation and applications of interfacial fluids with a free surface , J. Fluid Mech., vol. 631, (2009) .
- M. J. Ablowitz and T. S. Haut Coupled nonlinear Schrodinger equations for interfacial fluids with a free surface , Theoretical and Mathematical physics, vol. 159, no. 3, (2009).
- M. J. Ablowitz and T. S. Haut Spectral formulation of the two fluid Euler equations with a free interface and long wave reductions , Analysis and Applications (AA), vol. 6, no. 4, (2008).