Director's Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
Office: TA-3, Bldg 1690, Room 115
Mail Stop: B258
Phone: (505) 667-5609
Fax: (505) 667-5609
- (2014-2019) Ph.D. in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, WB, India
- (2012-2014) M.Sc. in Physics, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, WB, India
- (2009-2012) B.Sc. in Physics, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, WB, India
- (2022-Present) Director’s Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM, USA
- (2019-2022) Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
- (February 2018-July 2018) Guest Scientist, Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden, Germany
- Transport Phenomena in Topological Systems
- Strongly Correlated Electron Systems
- Topological Superconductivity (Emergence of Majorana Fermion)
Selected Recent Publications:
Here is my full list of publication: Google Scholar profile
- S. Nandy and D.A. Pesin, "Nonreciprocal optics and magnetotransport in Weyl metals as signatures of band topology" Phys. Rev. B 106, L041108 (2022).
- Sourav Manna, S. Nandy, and Bitan Roy, "Higher-order topological phases on fractal lattices" Phys. Rev. B 105, L201301 (2022).
- S. Nandy, and D. A. Pesin, "Low-energy effective theory and anomalous Hall effect in monolayer WTe2" SciPost Phys. 12, 120 (2022).
- Chuanchang Zeng, S. Nandy, and Sumanta Tewari, "Chiral anomaly induced nonlinear Nernst and thermal Hall effects in Weyl semimetals" Phys. Rev. B 105, 125131 (2022) (Editor’s Suggestion).
- Sanjib Kumar Das, Tanay Nag, and S. Nandy, "Topological Magnus responses in two- and three-dimensional systems" Phys. Rev. B 104, 115420 (2021).
- S. Nandy, and D. A. Pesin, "Chiral Magnetic Effect of Hot Electrons" Phys. Rev. Lett. 125, 266601 (2020).
- Chuanchang Zeng, S. Nandy, and Sumanta Tewari, "Fundamental relations for anomalous thermoelectric transport coefficients in the nonlinear regime" Phys. Rev. Research 2, 032066(R) (2020).
- S. Nandy, and Inti Sodemann, "Symmetry and quantum kinetics of the nonlinear Hall effect" Phys. Rev. B 100, 195117 (2019) (Editor’s Suggestion).
- Rup K. Chowdhury, S. Nandy, et. al., "Ultrafast time-resolved investigations of excitons and biexcitons at room temperature in layered WS2" 2D Mater. 6, 015011 (2018).
- S. Nandy, Girish Sharma, Arghya Taraphder, and Sumanta Tewari, "Chiral Anomaly as the Origin of the Planar Hall Effect in Weyl Semimetals" Phys. Rev. Lett 119, 176804 (2017).
- S. Nandy, Narayan Mohanata, Swagata Acharya, and Arghya Taraphder, "Anomalous transport near the Lifshitz transition at the LaAlO3/SrTiO3 interface" Phys. Rev. B 94, 155103 (2016).