CNLS Postdoctoral Research Associate
Theoretical Division T-4/CNLS
Nanophotonics, Plasmonics, and Quantum Materials
Office: TA-3, Bldg 1690, Room 134
Mail Stop: B258
Phone: (505) 667-0703
Fax: (505) 665-2659
- 2014 Prize for Outstanding work presented in 3rd International Workshop on Fundamentals of Light-Matter Interaction, SPIE
- 2013 Prize for Best work presented in School on Nonlinear Optics and Nanophotonics, ICTP
- 2013 Outstanding Ph.D. Fellowship
- B.S. (2011) Physics, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro - Academic Distinction Degree Magna cum Laude
- Ph.D. (2015) Physics, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro - Outstanding Ph.D. Fellowship
- 03/2015-present: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico
- Topological and 2D Dirac materials
- Fluctuation-induced phenomena
Selected Recent Publications:
- W. J. M. Kort-Kamp, N. A. Sinitsyn, and D. A. R. Dalvit. Quantized beam shifts, Phys. Rev. B Rapid Communications, 2016 (to appear).
- A. K. Azad, W. J. M. Kort-Kamp, M. Sykora, N. R. Weisse-Bernstein, T. S. Luk, A. J. Taylor, D. A. R. Dalvit, and H.-T. Chen. Metasurface broadband solar absorber, Scientific Reports 6, 20347 (2016).
- W. J. M. Kort-Kamp, B. Amorim, G. Bastos, F. A. Pinheiro, F. S. S. Rosa, N. M. R. Peres, and C. Farina. Active magneto-optical control of spontaneous emission in graphene, Phys. Rev. B 92, 205415 (2015).
- T. Cysne, W. J. M. Kort-Kamp, D. Oliver, F. A. Pinheiro, F. S. S. Rosa, and C. Farina. Tuning the Casimir-Polder interaction via magneto-optical effects in graphene, Phys. Rev. A 90, 052511 (2014).
- W. J. M. Kort-Kamp, P. I. Caneda, F. S. S. Rosa, and F. A. Pinheiro. Enhancing near-field heat transfer in composite media: Effects of the percolation transition, Phys. Rev. B 90, 140202(R) (2014).
- W. J. M. Kort-Kamp, F. S. S. Rosa, F. A. Pinheiro, and C. Farina. Tuning plasmonic cloaks with an external magnetic field, Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 215504 (2013).
- W. J. M. Kort-Kamp, F. S. S. Rosa, F. A. Pinheiro, and C. Farina. Spontaneous emission in the presence of a spherical plasmonic metamaterial, Phys. Rev. A 87, 023837 (2013).
- C. Farina, W. J. M. Kort-Kamp, Sebastiao Mauro, and Ilya Shapiro. Dynamics of the Laplace-Runge-Lenz vector in the quantum-corrected Newton gravity, Phys. Rev. D 83, 124037 (2011).