CNLS Postdoctoral Research Associate
Condensed matter physics
Office: TA-3, Bldg 542, Room 130
Mail Stop: B262
Phone: (505) 667-1646
Fax: (505) 665-2659
- Ph.D. Boston University, 2011; advisor: Claudio Chamon
- Strongly correlated low-dimensional electrons (Luttinger liquids, CFT, etc.)
- Frustrated magnetism (itinerant magnets, spin ice, etc.)
- Quantum Hall effect and topological phases (fractionalization, topological defects, etc.)
- Nonequilibrium many-body quantum dynamics (noisy systems, optimal quantum control, etc.)
- Many-body entanglement (topological order, etc.)
Selected Recent Publications:
- Armin Rahmani, Dynamics of noisy quantum systems: application to the stability of fractional charge, arXiv:1404.2286 (2014).
- Armin Rahmani, Rodrigo A. Muniz, and Ivar Martin, Low-energy theory of a two-dimensional itinerant chiral magnet, arXiv:1310.6792 (2013).
- Armin Rahmani, Quantum dynamics with an ensemble of Hamiltonians, Mod. Phys. Lett. B 27, 1330019 (2013).
- Armin Rahmani, Rodrigo A. Muniz, and Ivar Martin, Anyons in integer quantum Hall magnets, Phys. Rev. X 3, 031008 (2013).
- Armin Rahmani and Gia-Wei Chern, Universal Renyi mutual information in classical systems: the case of kagome ice, Phys. Rev. B 88, 054426 (2013).
- Gia-Wei Chern, Armin Rahmani, Ivar Martin and Cristian D. Batista, Quantum Hall ice, arXiv:1212.3617 (2013).
- Armin Rahmani, Takuya Kitagawa, Eugene Demler and Claudio Chamon, Cooling through optimal control of quantum evolution, Phys. Rev. A 87, 043607 (2013).
- Luca D'Alessio and Armin Rahmani, Thermally isolated Luttinger liquids with noisy Hamiltonians, Phys. Rev. B 87, 174301 (2013).
- Chang-Yu Hou, Armin Rahmani, Adrian Feiguin and Claudio Chamon, Junctions of multiple quantum wires with different Luttinger parameters, Phys. Rev. B 86, 075451 (2012).
- Armin Rahmani, Chang-Yu Hou, Adrian Feiguin, Masaki Oshikawa, Claudio Chamon and Ian Affleck, General method for calculating the universal conductance of strongly correlated junctions of multiple quantum wires, Phys. Rev. B 85, 045120 (2012).
- Armin Rahmani and Claudio Chamon, Optimal control for unitary preparation of many-body states: application to Luttinger liquids, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 016402 (2011).
- Armin Rahmani and Claudio Chamon, Exact results on the quench dynamics of the entanglement entropy in the toric code, Phys. Rev. B 82, 134303 (2010).
- Armin Rahmani, Chang-Yu Hou, Adrian Feiguin, Claudio Chamon and Ian Affleck, How to find conductance tensors of quantum multi-wire junctions through static calculations: application to an interacting Y junction, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 226803 (2010).
- Armin Rahmani, Andrea Velenich and Claudio Chamon, Spanning trees for the geometry and dynamics of compact polymers, J. Stat. Mech. (2010) L03004.