Nuclear reaction theory
Office: TA-03, Bldg 1690, Room 119
Mail Stop: B258
Fax: (505) 665-2659
- Ph.D. (2018) Nuclear Physics, Michigan State University
- M.S. (2015) Physics, Michigan State University
- B.S. (2013) Physics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- B.S. (2013) Mathematics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- May 2018-Present Postoctoral Research Assosiate, T-2/CNLS, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Uncertainty quantification for nuclear theory models
- Comparison of uncertainty quantification methods
- Improving the description of optical model potentials
- Machine learning for parametric optimization
Selected Recent Publications:
- A.E. Lovell and F.M. Nunes, Constraining transfer cross sections using Bayes' theorem, Phys. Rev. C. 97,064612 (2018).
- A.E. Lovell S. Srinivasan, S. Karra, D. O'Malley, N. Makedonska, H.S. Viswanathan, G. Srinivasan, J.W. Carey, and L.P Frash, Extracting Hydrocarbon From Shale: An Investigation of the Factors That Influence the Decline and the Tail of the Production Curve, Water Resources Research 54,3748 (2018).
- A.E. Lovell, P.-L. Bacq, P. Capel, F.M. Nunes, and L.J. Titus, Energy dependence of nonlocal optical potentials, Phys. Rev. C. 96,051601(R) (2017).
- A.E. Lovell, F.M. Nunes, and I.J. Thompson, Three-body model for the two-neutron emission of 16Be, Phys. Rev. C. 95,034605 (2017).
- A.E. Lovell, F.M. Nunes, J. Sarich, and S.M. Wild, Uncertainty quantification for optical model parameters, Phys. Rev. C. 95,024611 (2017).
- A.E. Lovell and F.M. Nunes, Systematic uncertainties in direct reaction theories, J. Phys. G: Nucl. and Part. Phys. 42,034014 (2015).