Office: TA-3, Bldg 1690, Room 125
Mail Stop: B258
Phone: (505) 604-0415
Fax: (505) 665-7652
- Wannier-Bloch Approach to Localization in High-Harmonics Generation in Solids, Phys. Rev. X 7, 021017 (2017).
- Asymmetry of Wigner's time delay in a small molecule, Phys. Rev. A 89, 053427 (2014).
- Ph.D. 2010-15, Physics and Technology of the Lasers, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca-Spain.
- M.Sc. 2008-09, Physics and Technology of the Lasers, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca-Spain.
- B.Sc. 2001-06, Physics, Universidad Autonoma de Chiriqui, David-Panama.
- May 2017 - Present, Post-doctoral researcher, CNLS-T1 Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos-USA.
- Jan 2015 - Apr 2017, Post-doctoral researcher, ICFO-Institute of Photonic Sciences, Barcelona-Spain.
- Apr - Aug 2008, Teacher of Physics at the Universidad Autonoma de Chiriqui,Chiriqui-Panama.
- Apr 2006 - Dec 2008, Teacher of Physics at the Secondary School in Chiriqui, Chiriqui-Panama.
- Professional Training:
- Oct 2010 Introduction to Parallel Programing in MPI, Fundacion del Centro de Supercomputacion de Castilla y Leon, Leon-Spain.
One of the biggest challenges in Physics is the understanding and control of the ultrafast electron dynamics in matter. For instance, the photo electron ionization via the absorption of XUV photons, the electron rescattering effects, the double electron ionization etc., are phenomena that take place at the attosecond (1 as = 10^-18 s) temporal scale. My main interest is devoted to answer open questions on i) what are the mechanisms which govern those ultrafast phenomena and, ii) how the extraction of the ultrafast electron dynamics or structural information of the atoms, molecules or solids can be achieved. These lead to the following research lines:
- Non-linear high-order harmonic generation in gasses and solids,
- Single and double photoelectron ionization,
- Above threshold ionization,
- Delay in photoemission,
- Characterization techniques of structural electronic information.
Selected Recent Publications:
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=1W_UEncAAAAJ&view_op=list_works
- E. N. Osika, A. Chacon, L. Ortmann, et al. Wannier-Bloch Approach to Localization in High
-Harmonics Generation in Solids, Phys. Rev. X 7, 021017 (2017).
- A. Chacon, L. Ortmann, F. Cucchietti, et al. Double-electron ionization driven by inhomogeneous fields, Appl. Phys. B 123, 116 (2017).
- N. Suarez, A. Chacon, J. A. Perez-Hernandez, et at. High-order-harmonic generation in atomic and molecular systems, Phys. Rev. A 95, 033423 (2017).
- E. N. Osika, A. Chacon, M. Lewenstein, B. Szafran Spin-valley dynamics of electrically driven ambipolar carbon-nanotube quantum dots, J. Phys. Cond. Matt. 29, 285301 (2017).
- M. Blanco, C. Hernandez-Garcia, A. Chacon, et al. Phase matching effects in high harmonic generation at the nanometer scale, Opt. Express 25, 14974 (2017).
- L. Ortmann, J. A. Perez-Hernandez, M. F. Ciappina, J. Schotz, A. Chacon, et at. Emergence of a higher energy structure in strong field ionization with inhomogeneous electric fields, Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 053204 (2017).
- M. F. Ciappina, J. A. Perez-Hernandez, A. S. Landsman, et at. Attosecond physics at the nanoscale, Rep. Prog. Phys. 80, 054401 (2017).
- N. Suarez, A. Chacon, M. F. Ciappina, et at. Above-threshold ionization and laser-induced electron diffraction in diatomic molecules, Prog. Phys. A 94, 043423 (2016).
- A. Chacon, M. F. Ciappina and Maciej Lewenstein Double-electron recombination in high-order-harmonic generation driven by spatially inhomogeneous fields, Phys. Rev. A 94, 043407 (2016).
- I. Yavuz, M. F. Ciappina, A. Chacon, et al. Controlling electron localization in H2+ by intense plasmon-enhanced laser fields, Phys. Rev. A 94, 033404 (2016).