CNLS Postdoctoral Research Associate
Fluid Dynamics, Scientific Computing, and Applied Mathematics
Office: TA-3, Bldg 1690, Room 132
Mail Stop: B258
Phone: (505) 667-9467
Fax: (505) 665-2659
- Ph.D. Johns Hopkins University, 2009
- M.Eng. Johns Hopkins University, 2008
- B.S. American University of Beirut, 2003
- Professional Training:
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, LANL, 2009-present
- Complex flows in neutral and conducting fluids
- Compressibility effects
- Oceanic flows
- Magnetic reconnection in plasmas
- High-performance computing
Selected Recent Publications:
- G. L. Eyink, E. T. Vishniac, C. Lalescu, H. Aluie, K. Kanov, K. Burger, R. Burns, C. Meneveau, A. Szalay, Flux-freezing breakdown observed in high-conductivity magnetohydrodynamic turbulence, Nature, 497, 466-469 (2013).
- H. Aluie, The range of scale coupling and the cascade in the presence of shocks, (submitted), arXiv:1101.0150.
- H. Aluie, Scale decomposition in compressible turbulence, Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, (in press).
- H. Aluie, S. Li, H. Li Conservative cascade of kinetic energy in compressible turbulence, Astrophysical Journal Letters, 751, L29 (2012).
- H. Aluie, S. Kurien Joint downscale fluxes of energy and potential enstrophy in rotating stratified Boussinesq flows, Europhysics Letters, 96, 44006 (2011).
- H. Aluie, Compressible turbulence: The cascade and its locality, Physical Review Letters, 106, 174502 (2011).
- H. Aluie, G. L. Eyink, Scale locality of magnetohydrodynamic turbulence, Physical Review Letters, 104, 081101 (2010).
- G. L. Eyink, H. Aluie, Localness of energy cascade in hydrodynamic turbulence. I. Smooth coarse graining, Physics of Fluids, 21, 115107 (2009).
- H. Aluie, G. L. Eyink, Localness of energy cascade in hydrodynamic turbulence. II. Sharp spectral filter, Physics of Fluids, 21, 115108 (2009).
- G. L. Eyink, H. Aluie, The breakdown of Alfven's theorem in ideal plasma flows: Necessary conditions and physical conjectures, Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, 223, 82 (2006).