CNLS Postdoctoral Research Associate
Office: TA-3, Bldg 1690, Room 141
Mail Stop: B258
Phone: (505) 606-0211
Fax: (505) 665-7652
- M.A., Ph.D. (2011) Physics, Princeton University
- B.S. (2004) Physics, University of Notre Dame
- Professional Training:
- 2011- Postdoc, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- 2006-2011 Graduate Research Assistant, Princeton University
- 2004-2008 DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellow, Princeton University
- Pattern formation in biology
- Biological imaging
- Statistical inference of regulatory interactions
Selected Recent Publications:
- J.A. Drocco, E.F. Wieschaus, and D.W. Tank The synthesis-diffusion-degradation model explains Bicoid gradient formation in unfertilized eggs, Physical Biology, in press.
- C. Reichhardt, J.A. Drocco, C.J. Olson Reichhardt, and A.R. Bishop The effect of pinning on vortex states with attractive and repulsive interactions, under review.
- J.A. Drocco, O. Grimm, D.W. Tank, and E.F. Wieschaus Measurement and Perturbation of Morphogen Lifetime: Effects on Gradient Shape, Biophysical Journal 101, 1807-1815 (2011). PubMed
- J.A. Drocco, C.J. Olson Reichhardt, and C. Reichhardt Bidirectional Sorting of Flocking Particles in the Presence of Asymmetric Barriers, under review. arXiv:1111.0673v1
- J.A. Drocco, C.J. Olson Reichhardt, and C. Reichhardt Characterizing plastic depinning dynamics with the fluctuation theorem, European Physical Journal E 34, 117 (2011).
- C.J. Olson Reichhardt, J.A. Drocco, T. Mai, M.B. Wan, and C. Reichhardt Active matter on asymmetric substrates, Proceedings of the SPIE 8097, 80970A (2011).
- X. Lu, J.A. Drocco, and E.F. Wieschaus Cell cycle regulation via inter-nuclear communication during the early embryonic development of Drosophila melanogaster, Cell Cycle 9, 2908-2910 (2010). PubMed
- J.A. Drocco, M.B. Hastings, C.J. Olson Reichhardt, and C. Reichhardt Multiscaling at the jamming transition, Physical Review Letters 95, 088001 (2005).
- J.A. Drocco, C.J. Olson Reichhardt, C. Reichhardt, and B. Janko Structure and melting of two-species charged clusters in a parabolic trap, Physical Review E 68, 060401 (2003).
- A. Ricca and J.A. Drocco Interaction of O2 with a (9,0) carbon nanotube, Chemical Physics Letters 362, 217-223 (2002).