Andrew P. Shreve
CNLS Executive Committee Member
Office: TA-3, Bldg. 1420, Rm 1119
Mail Stop: K771
Phone: (505) 667-6933
Fax: (505) 665-9224
shreve @ lanl.gov
Biomolecular Materials Team
- Ph.D., 1991, Cornell University, Physical Chemistry
- M.S., 1986, Cornell University, Physical Chemistry
- B.S., 1983, West Virginia Wesleyan College
- Postdoctoral Research:
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellow, 1991-1994, UC Berkeley
- J. Robert Oppenheimer Fellow, 1994-1997, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Applications of spectroscopic techniques to the study of electron and energy transfer processes in biology, chemistry and nanoscale materials science;
- Theory of electron and energy transfer; Experimental and theoretical development of time-resolved and nonlinear spectroscopies, optical imaging
methods, surface-specific spectroscopies, and Raman spectroscopies;
- Development and applications of thin-film nanostructured self-assembled materials and biomimetic membrane architectures;
- Biosensor technology; Spectroscopic studies of protein structure and dynamics.
Selected Recent Publications:
- D. Magana, D. Parul, R.B. Dyer, A.P. Shreve, "Implementation of
time-resolved step-scan Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy
using a kHz repetition rate pump laser," /Appl. Spectrosc./ *65* (2011)
- J.G. Duque, H. Chen, A.K. Swan, A.P. Shreve, S. Kilina, S. Tretiak, X.
Tu, M. Zheng, S.K. Doorn, "Violation of the Condon approximation in
semiconducting carbon nanotubes," /ACS Nano/ *5* (2011) 5233-5241.
- H.H. Tsai, Z.H. Xu, R.K. Pai, L.Y. Wang, A.M. Dattelbaum, A.P. Shreve,
H.-L. Wang, M. Cotlet, "Structural dynamics and charge transfer via
complexation with fullerene in large area conjugated polymer honeycomb
thin films," /Chem. Mater./ *23* (2011) 759-761.
- Y. Bao, H.C. Yeh, J. Sharma, S. Ivanov, A.P. Shreve, C. Zhong, J.H.
Werner, J.S. Martinez, “Formation and stabilization of fluorescent Au
nanoclusters using small molecules,” /J. Phys. Chem. C/ *114* (2010)
- G.A. Sherwood, R. Cheng, T.M. Smith, J.H. Werner, A.P. Shreve, L.A.
Peteanu, J. Wildeman, “Aggregation effects on the emission spectra and
dynamics of model oligomers of MEH-PPV,” /J. Phys. Chem. C/ *113* (2009)
- J.H. Werner, G.A. Montaño, A.L. Garcia, N.A. Zurek, E.A. Akhadov, G.P.
Lopez, A.P. Shreve, “Formation and dynamics of supported phospholipid
membranes on a periodic nanotextured substrate,” /Langmuir/ *25* (2009)
- A.P. Shreve, M.C. Howland, A.R. Sapuri-Butti, T.W. Allen, and A.N.
Parikh, "Evidence for leaflet-dependent redistribution of charged
molecules in fluid supported phospholipid bilayers," /Langmuir/ *24*
- A.P. Shreve, E.H. Haroz, S.M. Bachilo, R.B. Weisman, S. Tretiak, S. Kilina, S.K. Doorn, "Determination of exciton-phonon coupling elements in
single-walled carbon nanotubes by Raman overtone analysis," Phys. Rev. Lett. (2007) in press.
- R.C. Rocha and A.P. Shreve, "Characterization of infrared vibrational activity in specific totally symmetric bridging modes of
localized-to-delocalized mixed-valence systems," Chem. Phys. 326 (2006) 24-32.
- R.C. Rocha, M.G. Brown, C.H. Londergan, C.P. Kubiak, and A.P. Shreve, "Intervalence resonant Raman spectroscopy of strongly coupled
mixed-valence cluster dimers of ruthenium," J. Phys. Chem. A 109 (2005) 9006-9012.
- A.M. Dattelbaum, M.L. Amweg, J.D. Ruiz, L.E. Ecke, A.P. Shreve, and A.N. Parikh, "Surfactant removal and silica condensation during the
photochemical calcination of thin-film silica mesophases," J. Phys. Chem. B 109 (2005) 14551-14556.
- M.C. Howland, A.R.S. Butti, S.S. Dixit, A.M. Dattelbaum, A.P. Shreve, A.N. Parikh, "Phospholipid morphologies on photochemically
patterned silane monolayers," J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 127 (2005) 6752-6765.
- R.J. Magyar, S. Tretiak, Y. Gao, H.-L. Wang and A.P. Shreve, "A joint theoretical and experimental study of polyphenylene-acetylene
molecular wires," Chem. Phys. Lett. 401 (2005) 149-156.
- W.E. Buschmann, S.D. McGrane and A.P. Shreve, "Chemical tuning of nonlinearity leading to intrinsically localized modes in
halide-bridged mixed-valence platinum materials," J. Phys. Chem. A 107 (2003) 8198-8207.