Postdoctoral Research Associate
Office: TA-3, Bldg 1690, Room 123
Mail Stop: B258
Phone: (505) 667-7052
Fax: (505) 665-2659
I recently worked on two papers on Thermostatic Controlled Loads (TCLs), showing effects of the disorder (meaning non identical TCLs) and the effect of a realistic Mean Field control. Basically, both effects greatly improve the resilience of ensemble of TCLs, making them more suitable for Demand Response.
○ Métivier, D., Luchnikov I., Chertkov C. (2018). Power of Ensemble Diversity and Randomization for Energy Aggregation. arXiv:1808.09555.
○ Métivier, Chertkov C. (2018). Mean Field Control for Efficient Mixing of Energy Loads. arXiv:1810.00450.
For another project on synchronization I work on the effect of delay in the Kuramoto model:
○ Métivier D., Gupta S. (2018). Bifurcations in the time-delayed Kuramoto model of coupled oscillators: Exact results. arXiv:1808.10436.
- Physics/Chemistry B.S. (2009 - 2011), "Classe Préparatoire aux Grandes Écoles" (Paris, France)
- Physics B.S. (2011 - 2012), École Normale Supérieure de Lyon (Lyon, France)
- Physics M.S. (2012 - 2014), École Normale Supérieure de Lyon (Lyon, France)
- Physics Ph.D. (2014 - 2017), Laboratory of Mathematics J.A. Dieudonné (Nice, France)
- CNLS/T-4 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Los Alamos National Laboratory (November 2017 - Now)
- Statistical Physics; Nonlinear Physics; Out-of-Equilibrium Physics
- Bifurcation in Kinetics Systems:
○ BGK Plasma instabilities (through Vlasov-Poisson equation)
○ Astrophysics instabilities (through Vlasov-Newton equation)
○ Dimensional reduction of bifurcation (from Vlasov to a reduced model)
○ Synchronization in coupled oscillators systems (through Kuramoto model)
- Coulombian model for very large Magneto-Optical Trap
- Thermostatic Controlled Loads: control of a large aggregate via mean field coupling
Selected Recent Publications:
- Barré J., Métivier D. (2018). Vlasov-Fokker-Planck equation: stochastic stability of resonances and unstable manifold expansion. Nonlinearity 31 4667; arXiv:1703.01668.
- Barré, J., Métivier, D. (2016). Bifurcations and singularities for coupled oscillators with inertia and frustration. Physical Review Letters, 117(21), 214102.; arXiv:1605.02990.
- Barré, J., Métivier, D., Yamaguchi, Y. Y. (2016). Trapping scaling for bifurcations in the Vlasov systems. Physical Review E, 93(4), 042207.; arXiv:1511.07645
- Métivier, D., Bachelard, R., Kastner, M. (2014). Spreading of Perturbations in Long-Range Interacting Classical Lattice Models.
Physical Review Letters, 112(21), 210601.; arXiv:1405.7556