CNLS Postdoctoral Research Associate
Physics based materials modeling
Office: TA-3 Bldg 1690, Room 119
Mail Stop: B258
Phone: (505) 667-6870
Fax: (505) 665-2659
- B.S. (2001) Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
- Ph.D. (2009) Physics, Boston University
- Professional Training:
- 2009-2010 Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Materials Science and Department of Applied Mathematics and Engineering Sciences, Northwestern University
- Multi-scale modeling of materials and defects
- Linking MD, phase field crystal, and phase field models
- Techniques for large scale parallel computation
Selected Recent Publications:
- K. Barros, P. L. Krapvisky, and S. Redner, Freezing into Stripe States in Two-Dimensional Ferromagnets and Crossing Probabilities in Critical Percolation , Phys. Rev. E. 80 040101(R) 2009[arXiv:0905:3521].
- M. A. Clark, R. Babich, K. Barros, R. Brower, and C. Rebbi, Solving Lattice QCD systems of equations using mixed precision solvers on GPUs, Comput. Phys. Commun., 181, 1517 (2010) [arXiv:0911.3191 ].