Beth A. Wingate
CCS-2 Technical Staff Member
Applied mathematics, fluid dynamics, simulations
Office: TA-03, Building 0200, Room 118
Mail Stop: D413
Phone: (505) 665-7869
Fax: (505) 665-4972
- B.S. Ohio State U., 1984
- M.S. Ohio State U., 1986
- Ph.D. University of Michigan, 1996
- Postdoctoral Research:
- Advanced Studies Post Doc National Center for Atmospheric Researc, 1997-1998
- CNLS Postdoctoral Research Associate, LANL 1999-2000
- McDonnel-Douglas Aircraft Company, St. Louis, MO, 1986-1991
- Technical Staff Member, CCS-DO, LANL, 2002-present
- Science and Applied Mathematics: Global climate change, model
development, overflows, planetary scale fluid dynamics, instability, western
boundary currents, air-sea interaction, compressible fluid dynamics,
turbulence, modeling, numerical analysis and methods, applied
mathematics, computer and computational science, Lie algebras.
- Science Policy and Philosphy of Science: Interplay of science and science policy,
effects of economics on science policy, science culture.
Selected Recent Publications:
- Kurien S, Smith L, Wingate B (2006) On the two-point correlation of potential vorticity in rotating and stratified turbulence. J. Fluid Mech. 555, 131-140.